Thursday, March 31, 2016

Video Game Design: Intro

This is the beginning of a new series on video game design.  I teach Intro to Video Game Design at BYU-Idaho, and as part of revising and honing my course, I have decided to take my lectures out of the classroom, to make more time for hands-on learning in class.  This series will cover everything currently taught as in-class lectures.

Because I am using this series as a learning material for my students, the posts will be subject to revision as I find necessary.  At any time, I may remove things that I discover to be unnecessary for my students, and I may add things that I find to be important for effective learning.

I do value feedback, so feel free to comment on any post that you find lacking.  Please explain the problem and suggest a resolution.  In most cases, I will not publish these comments, but I will read them and consider the value in following the suggestions.  Don't be offended if I do not always do what is suggested.  This series must be tailored to the class and the students, so a good suggestion for a general purpose post may not be suitable for this series.  I may occasionally publish suggestion comments instead of revising the post in this situation, if the information is of considerable value outside of the context of my class.

If you enjoy this series and you want to leave feedback saying that you enjoyed it, please +1 the posts you liked instead of commenting.  That will save me work, and it will avoid comment clutter.

Thanks you for your interest, and I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment